MAY CONVERT WAR INSURANCE

EXPLAIN DETAILS OF PERMANENT POLICIES OFFERED BY GOVERNMENT.

Information has been received from Washington that the Government War Risk Insurance may now be converted into permanent policies. According to the law this conversio0n must take place within five years after the declaration of peace. The Bureau of War Risk Insurance advises men who own a War risk policy to convert it to a permanent policy as soon as possible. Six forms of permanent policy are now offered by the government. They are; (1) ordinary life, (2) twenty-payment life, (3) thirty-payment life, (4) twenty-year endowment, (5) thirty-year endowment, (6) endowment maturing at ago of 62. These policies are issued in sums of $1000 to $10,000, in multiples of$500. In case of death, the beneficiary receives $5.75 per month per $1000 of insurance for 240 months. In case of permanent disability the same payment will continue during the life of the insured, but if he should die before 240 payments have been made, the remaining payments will be made to his heirs. In the case of the endowments, the full amount plus the dividends is payable at the end of the endowment period.

Amount of premiums.

Premimus may be paid monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annual. For a man-20 years of age, these premiums amount to the following sums: Ordinary life, $13.58 per thousand per year; 20-payment life, $16.54 per thousand; 20-year endowment, $39.10; 30-year endowment, $24.33; endowment maturing at the age of 62, $17.01 per thousand per year.

For further information application blanks for conversions and premium rates, apply to Leon O. Fisher, Assistant Director, in charge of Insurance Division, Conversion Department, Bureau of War Risk Insurance, Washington, D. C.