ITHACAN HARRIERS AT BELMONT

CORNELL'S WELL-BALANCED TEAM WILL RUN UNIVERSITY OVER DIFFICULT COURSE.

On the Belmont course at 3 o'clock this afternoon the University harriers will meet the Cornell team that placed one position higher than they at Syracuse a week ago. Today's race differs from that of last Saturday in that the course, although longer, is less tiring; that all of one team and the best runners of the other will have raced on the course before, and that each side will be strengthened by the return of runners who were out of the race last week because of injuries.

For the University, C. E. Dexter '22 and W. H. Goodwin '20 will be in the run. Dexter was the star two-miler of the Freshman team last year and has placed well in the time-events this fall, while Goodwin, with less experience, showed steady improvement previous to his injury The other men are T. G. Ames '20, F. G. Bemis '22, A. W. Douglas '21, S. E. Harris '20, B. Lewis '20, J. E. Nally '21, and G. F. Wason '20.

The Ithacans are also badly handicapped by the same lack of experience which confronts the local runners. T. C. McDermott, the captain, is the only "C" man on the visitors' team. L. E. Wenz, who could not race at Syracuse, and J. W. Cambell ran in the last pre-war meet on the Belmont course when Cornell outdistanced the University team. Although Wenz and Cambell did not score in that race, they have developed greatly since then, and are now rated, next to McDermott, as Cornell's strongest runners. The main strength of the Cornell team, however, lies in its being well balanced, the first men being but slightly faster than the last. As was demonstrated last Saturday by Princeton, this evenness of its runners is the greatest asset a cross-country team can have.

The other seven men for Cornell are: J. L. Dickerman, S. H. Stanton, C. H. King, D. P. Ayares, A. L. Lentz, I. H. Houston and G. P. Dureyea