A LONG DISTANCE TO GO.

In the last four minutes of play, the Harvard football team found itself. Although many followers are disappointed in the final score, none fail to hall Saturday's achievement as one of the pluckiest exhibitions ever seen in the history of college football. A team which can fight like that does not know when it is defeated.

A long distance, however, must be covered before the Yale game. These next weeks the College, as well as the team itself should, in the words of Coach Hardwick, "eat, drink, and sleep football." Every opportunity to help the team along, every chance to add a little more spirit to that fighting organization, must be utilized to full capacity. Victories in the early season will not win the Yale game; only hard work by every member of the University will accomplish this result.

The undergraduates have learned a good bit of the old-time sport in this last week. The mass meeting Wednesday was crowded; the parade to the field Thursday, in spite of the bad weather, was large and spontaneous; the cheering at the game itself was good. But from now on, the mass meetings must be more than crowded; the parades must be more than large; the cheering must be more than good.

At Princeton, Harvard was the favorite; she no longer is. It has been said that only a touch of adversity is needed to bring out the dormant Harvard spirit. Let us prove the truth of this statement to the world.