NOTED BRITON SPEAKS IN UNION AT 8 TONIGHT

WAS KING'S MESSENGER

Hugh Walpole, one of the best-known of contemporary British novelists, will speak in the Living Room of the Union at 8 o'clock tonight, while in the afternoon he will be welcomed by the University. He will be given an opportunity to see something of Harvard before attending the dinner given in his honor by the editors of the Advocate in the Advocate Building.

According to the plans formulated at present, Mr. Walpole will be met at 4.30 o'clock this afternoon at the Copley Plaza Hotel after his arrival from Brunswick, Maine, by a reception committee headed by C. N. Greenough '98, Acting Dean of the College and further consisting of D. M. Little, Jr., '18, E. A. Whitney '17, and F. L. Allen '12. Mr. Walpole will then be escorted to Cambridge, where he will meet President Lowell at University Hall. Later he will be given an opportunity to visit the Widener Library, the Yard, the Freshman Dormitories, the CRIMSON and Lampoon Buildings.

At 6.45 o'clock Mr. Walpole will be entertained as the guest of honor at the Advocate dinner and from there will go directly to the Union where he is to speak on "College Men as Novelists," at 8 o'clock. Professor John L. Lowes, A.M. '03, of the English Department, will introduce him.

It is expected that Mr. Walpole will tell something of his experiencees as the King's Messenger in Russia during the years of 1914 to 1916, as it was through these experiences that he gained the material for his two recent books. "The Dark Forest," and "The Secret City."

All members of the Union and other specially invited guests are invited to attend this lecture. Membership cards must be shown to gain admittance.