1923 RUNNERS AT NEW HAVEN

INVITATION RACE ALSO INCLUDES DARTMOUTH AND M. I. T.; CUPS FOR WINNERS.

At 10.30 this morning the 1923 harriers, for the second time, meet the Yale runners at New Haven and attempt to win back the laurels wrested from them last Saturday. The Freshman teams of M. I. T., Yale, Dartmouth, and the University are the entries in the invitation race which will be run on an almost level and rather sandy three and a half-mile course in the vicinity of the Yale Bowl.

Against the Yale and the M. I. T. harriers the yearlings have already run, trailing the one and defeating the other. Both these teams have one individual star--Walker of Technology and Campbell of Yale, who broke the tape in their respective races. Except for Walker, however, Technology has not a fast team, there being generally much distance between the first and second men. Yale, on the other hand, has a strong and well balanced aggregation.

For Dartmouth, judging from the time trials held at Hanover this week, Gray and Barrett seem to have the call on the field. The Green team, however, is as yet untried.

During the week Coach Farrell has been hard at work correcting the weakness shown last Saturday. Particular attention has been paid to training the men to save their strength for the last of the race and to developing the slow men.

The scores in this meet will be determined from the place numbers of the first seven men of each team. The 1923 numerals will be awarded to those men who are among the first seven to cross the tape. Cups will be awarded to the first three men and to the winning team.

The Freshman team is made up as follows: J. G. Winchester, W. C. Bennett, H. L. Pratt, Jr., R. A. Lutz, L. de Zerega, R. N. Bryan, and P. R. Brown.