UNIVERSITY MOURNS LOSS OF ITS GREATEST FRIEND AND BENEFACTOR, MAJOR HIGGINSON

MEMORIAL MEETING TONIGHT

Major Henry Lee Higginson '55, Fellow of the Corporation, donor of Soldiers Field and the Union, and throughout his long and useful life friend and benefactor of the University, died on Friday night at 9 o'clock.

The funeral will be held today at Appleton Chapel at 12 o'clock. The coffin will be carried by undergraduates from Appleton Chapel to the hearse in front of University Hall through a double line of students, who will assemble to pay their last tribute to Major Higginson. This evening a memorial meeting will be held at the Union, at which President Lowell and others will speak.

Twelve O'Clocks Suspended.

During Major Higginson's funeral this noon classes and lectures in all departments of the University will be suspended from 12 until 1 o'clock. The services will be conducted by the Reverend Samuel McChord Crothers, S. T. D., '99, of the First Unitarian Church of Cambridge. The President and Fellows of the University will act as honorary pallbearers. The actual pallbearers, until relieved by the undergraduates, will be the nephews of the late Major Higginson. Members of the Boston Symphony Orchestra will play during the service and the University Choir will sing.

Owing to the limited size of Appleton Chapel, it is doubtful if there will be room for many of the undergraduates at the service itself. The student body will, however, form at 12.15 o'clock sharp outside of Appleton Chapel in a double line, reaching from the chapel door to the front of University Hall. Through the lane thus formed the undergraduate pallbearers will carry the easket and place it in the hearse.

As a final tribute, the memorial mass meeting held in honor of Major Higginson will take place at the Union at 8 o'clock this evening. Members and friends of the University will be welcome.