VISITING SQUAD REPRESENTS FIFTEEN DIFFERENT STATES

Large Majority of Crimson Players Hall From Massachusetts.

An interesting point of dissimilarity between the elevens which will play on Soldiers Field this afternoon is found in the geographical distribution of the homes of the members of the two squads. At the University, the thirty-six men on the first squad come from only six different states; while at Yale fifteen states are represented. Moreover, among the states, Massachusetts leads in both institutions, being represented by 23 men at Harvard and by 6 at Yale. New York stands second at Cambridge with 4 men; New York, Pennsylvania and Connecticut are tied with four apiece for second place in the New Haven squad.

At Harvard, which is in a stage in which there are many more competing colleges than in Connecticut, 64 per cent. of the squad come from Massachusetts, with but extremely few from other states. At Yale, where almost no other large colleges are in the field, the case is entirely different. Her home state, Connecticut, does not lead, but rather ties with two others for second place, while the leader is but two points ahead.

The complete list follows:   HARVARD.  YALE. Massachusetts,  23  6 New York,  4  4 Pennsylvania,  3  4 Connecticut,  0  4 Ohio,  2  3 Illinois,  2  3 New Jersey,  0  2 Minnesota,  0  2 Michigan,  0  2 Honolulu,  0  1 All others,  2  6