CONSIDER INTERCOLLEGIATE AERIAL LEAGUE TONIGHT

Lieut.-Col. L. H. Drennan and G. L. Cabot '82 to Be Principal Speakers at Banquet in Union.

Plans for the proposed Intercollegiate Aerial League which is under consideration as a possible means for originating and managing Intercollegiate Aerial Competition will be discussed at the banquet of the Harvard Aeronautical Society in the Trophy Room of the Union this evening at 6 o'clock. The society has received a number of communications from Aeronautical Societies throughout the country urging it to take the initial steps towards establishing aeronautics as a recognized sport, and the feasibility of the suggestions offered will be considered.

Lieutenant-Colonel Leonard H. Drennan, officer in charge of the Air Service Department of the Northeast, will talk on the future of the Air Service reserve and the proposed plan for the "Consolidated Air Service"--that is, the removal of the distinction between the Army and Navy air services. Mr. Godfrey L. Cabot '82. President of the Aero Club of New England, will talk on the plans under negotiation in this section of the country for the development of commercial aeronautics.

The fact that Mr. Cabot has already expressed himself as opposed to collegiate air-racing, and that Colonel, Drennan is in favor of it, will add interest to the discussion of collegiate air-racing and will permit the question to be discussed fairly.

The banquet will be entirely informal and will be open to all men interested in aviation who have already applied for tickets.