100 Per Cent. Americans.

Communication

(The Crimson invites all men in the University to submit signed communications of timely interest. It assumes no responsibility, however, for sentiments expressed under this head and reserves the right to exclude any whose publication would be palpably inappropriate.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Having maintained an abashed silence for over a week in the vain hope that the CRIMSON might see fit to contradict the somewhat startling assertions that were nonchalantly dropped at our thresholds on the morning of Friday, November 14th, we are taking the liberty of questioning the veracity of the same.

The editorial "Non-Intervention" must have delighted our Boudoir Bolshevists who gorge themselves on misrepresentation; an antidote of Veritas is modestly prescribed.

We fail to appreciate your attitude upon the following points:

1. "For the first time in the history of the United States, American troops . .... those stationed at Archangel ... have mutinied."

2. "The red terror in Russia has ceased six months ago."

3. "All the energy of the government has turned to constructive work; the better element is coming to the front."

4. What evidence have you that any American body of wage-earners have threatened to strike if intervention did not cease?"

We will be grateful for proof upon which these remarkable declarations are based.

5. Your eagerness to advance the testimony of men who are not 100 per cent Americans.

6. Your naive audacity in addressing the President in these terms: "He has called your bluff twice and twice you have backed down."

Since our opinion on the falsity of these assertions is based upon information coming from American sources; and since you, too, must derive your information from some organized source, we request that you first investigate your informants' loyalty to this country.

Editorial opinion, especially when it purports to represent the sentiments of the undergraduate body, should be founded on fact, not rumor. E. W. PAVENSTEDT, JR., '20.   EDWARD A. BACON '20.