START SWIMMING PRACTICE AT BOSTON Y. M. C. A. TODAY

Candidates Wanted for University and 1923 Teams--Second Call for Managers

This afternoon at 4.45 o'clock candidates for the University and Freshman Swimming Teams will hold their first practice of the year at the Boston Y. M. C. A. pool. Candidates are wanted for all the different events, including the relay and 220 yard races, the 50 and 100-yard dashes, and the dives and plunges.

This early season practice will continue for about two weeks and will close with the choosing of tentative teams from the University and 1923 squads. It is planned to hold the first meet for the teams shortly after the Christmas recess.

Practice will be held at the pool three times a week, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and will last from 5 until 6 o'clock. The Y. M. C. A. is located on Huntington Avenue just off Massachusetts, and is most easily reached by taking a Dudley Street surface car from the Square.

This evening at 7.15 candidates for the second assistant managership of the University team and the managership of the 1923 team will be given a second opportunity to report in Claverly 25. More candidates are needed for these positions and men who report tonight will find themselves in no way handicapped by coming out late. Taking up only three afternoons a week the managers' competition is a light one. It will continue during the swimming season, and end at the beginning of March.