ALL EX-SERVICE MEN MAY RESTORE THEIR INSURANCE

Application Must be Made Within 18 Months After Discharge or Before December 31.

According to word received from the Bureau of War Risk Insurance, discharged soldiers, sailors, and marines who have dropped their insurance may reinstate it without having to pay all the lapsed premiums, provided that they make an application to this effect within 18 months after their discharge from the service.

Even if a man was discharged from the service more than 18 months ago, he may still be reinstated if he will make his application before December 31, 1919. No physical examination for reinstatement is necessary, and all that is required is that the applicant pay premiums for two back months, and sign a statement to the effect that he is in as good physical health as he was at the time of his discharge. Also it is not necessary to reinstate the full $10,000 of insurance; the applicant may reinstate $1,000 or more.

May Convert Insurance

Provision has also been made to permit men to convert their war insurance into other kinds of government insurance, such as Ordinary Life, Twenty Payment Life, and Twenty Year Endowment. The Government has decided to remain permanently in the insurance business for the benefit of those who served in the war, and also to forestall the flood of pensions that have marked other wars.

The Boston office of the War Risk Insurance Bureau is located in Room 717 99 Chauncy street, and all service men in difficulty as to the continuance of their insurance are invited to call at that office for advice. Business transacted by mail should be addressed to the "Department Insurance Officer" at the above address. Full information will be furnished and assistance given free of charge to any ex-service man.

This office also handles many other details of post-war business and personal attention will be given to any matter concerning the service such as Liberty Bonds, War Savings Stamps, Compensation, back pay due, bonuses, return of personal effects, and so forth.