AN INDIGNANT PROTEST.

It is with horrified amazement and with an overwhelming sense of incredulity that we have read of the proposed abolishment of "love" from the game of tennis. No more is that soft-sounding epithet to be applied to one's opponent or oneself amid the thuds of racquet against ball. One-in, two-out, three-all replace the dulcet tones of fifteen-love, and love-thirty, and the dignified basso of dence.

It is out of the range of possibility that the tennis authorities know what they were doing when they advocated a move so out of harmony with the glorious by-gone history of tennis. A step at once so radical and so harmful to the existing principles of the tennis regime can be anathematized as only one thing--insidious propaganda. What we want to know is who is at the bottom of all this? Is there any number of persons in this University who seriously contend that this new doctrine is in accord with the aims of this nation? No! By all means, No! As Freud in one of his customary nightmares might well have said, the very "rayon" will have departed forever from the game.