SEVEN SCHEDULED TO MEET CANADIAN TEAM JANUARY 3

University of Toronto Will Be the First Opponent to Be Played on New Pavilion Rink.

With the University of Toronto seven as their opponents, the hockey team will open the 1920 season Saturday, January 3, two days before the close of the Christmas recess. The Athletic Committee has not yet, however, officially sanctioned this game, which is to be played in the new Ice Pavilion. It will not be necessary for the Freshmen squad to return until the reopening of College on January 5, but the entire University squad will report on December 31 and will have regular work-outs for the three days previous to the game.

Plans at the Pavilion call for its opening about Christmas Day, which indicate that the work is progressing more rapidly than the builders expected. This date has not been guaranteed, but it is assured that the University will be able to practice there on the 31st. On January 2 the Toronto team will meet Princeton in the Pavilion, and this game will mark the opening of the Eastern collegiate hockey season although Yale will already have played several matches in their Canadian tour.

Resume Practice Today.

Today the University and Freshman hockey squads will resume practice on the Charlesbank rinks under the direction of Coach Claflin. Both squads have reached such a size that the management expects a hundred and fifty men out for the two teams this afternoon. Of this number about ninety are University candidates and sixty are Freshmen. As this is the first work-out of the year for 1923, they will be given general practice in position skating to get back into form.