AERO CLUBS MEET TOMORROW TO CONSIDER MANY PROBLEMS

L. L. DRIGGS WILL SPEAK

All members of the University Aero Club have been invited to attend a meeting of the Aero Club of Massachusetts to be held in the Auditorium of the Boston City Club tomorrow evening at 7.30 o'clock. At this meeting plans of the Aero Club of Massachusetts and affiliated organizations will be formulated and discussed and some action may be taken on the question of aerial racing.

Laurence L. Driggs, President of the American Flying Club, will be the principal speaker at this meeting. Mr. Driggs has been a close student of flying conditions during the war, and has written several articles on these conditions. The second speaker will be Colonel L. H. Drennan, who addressed the Harvard Aeronautical Society several days ago. Colonel Drennan is Air Service officer for New England and is a member, exofficio, of the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Aero Club. The members of the Harvard Aero Club will meet at a place to be announced tomorrow, and will go to this meeting in a body.

A Municipal Aerodrome in Boston?

Representatives of the Harvard Aero Club, the Aero Club of New England, and the Massachusetts Aero Club will meet in a conference this week with Mayor Peters, Aerial Mail Officials from Boston, airdrome builders from New York city, and aircraft manufacturers, to discuss the question of establishing a municipal airdrome in Boston. The New England Aero Club has already received a tentative offer of planes and aeronautical supplies from a source which remains undisclosed for the present.

The committee of the University Aero Club in charge of the proposed intercollegiate air racing is announced and consists of: L. E. Thomas '20, chairman, representing the Marines; D. R. Carse Unc., representing the Army, and W. W. Johnson '21, representing the Navy. All definite arrangements and details of the air race plans of the University have been placed in the hands of this committee.

Aero Society Favors Racing.

The University Aeronautical Society has definitely taken a stand in favor of intercollegiate air racing and is the first college organization in the country to do so. Later an Intercollegiate Aero League will be formed, which will determine the rules under which the air racing will be conducted. Other colleges in the country have been invited to join this league, Yale and Columbia being the first two to take the plans under consideration.

The course of the racing will be determined by the contestants who have entered in the race, and will connect the grounds of each of the competing clubs. Rules of the Amateur Athletic Association in regard to eligibility apply in this case as in all intercollegiate athletic contests.