DRAMATIC CLUB GIVES TWO PLAYS TONIGHT AT PI ETA

DUNSANY COMING TOMORROW

The Harvard Dramatic Club will resume its public theatricals tonight when it presents its 19th production, the first since the spring of 1917. The performance which is to be given in the Pi Eta Theatre at 8 o'clock consists of two plays, Holberg's "Erasmus Montanus" and Dunsany's "Fame and the Poet." Lord Dunsany, who is at present visiting the country, is planning to make a special trip to Cambridge to see the play on Wednesday evening.

"Fame and the Poet' has never been staged, having but recently been written, and the Dramatic Club has, therefore, the honor of being its first producers. The scene of this sketch is laid in modern London, and the play contains but three characters, Prattle, an empty-headed and matter-of-fact man about town; De Reves, a poet and dreamer; and Fame, an allegorical figure.

"Erasmus Montanus" an Older Play.

"Erasmus Montanus" is a much older play than the other, and as such is de- pendent for its effect largely upon a vivid portrayal of character. Erasmus, the principal character, is a young man who has been educated out of his station, and returned, priggish and conceited to his humble parents. The fall of his pride and his final humility are the themes around which the play is built. V. P. Williamson Unc., as Peer, who is a pretentious deacon, also plays an important role. Jeppe, Nille, and Jacob, in the parts of rustic country people, take a large share in the plot.

Holberg was the founder of Danish literature, and is considered the first writer of his time with the exception of Voltaire. Before his death he had founded a theatre in which his comedies were played. All his plays are of universal interest, as he has travelled and studied conditions in every country. The production of "Erasmus Montanus" by the Dramatic Club tonight marks the first time that any of his plays have been presented in America as far as can be ascertained.

Coached by J. W. D. Seymour '17.

The parts are all taken by students of the University and Radcliffe, all female roles being enacted by members of the Idler Club, the dramatic organization of Radcliffe. The Dramatic Club is fortunate in having secured the services of J. W. D. Seymour '17 as coach for these two productions. Mr. Seymour was President of the Dramatic Club in his Senior year in College, and has also been active in connection with the 47 Workshop.

The casts for the plays are as follows:

"Fame and the Poet."Prattle,  W. V. M. Fawcett '20De Reves,  M. H. Dill '20Fame,  Miss Louise Jennison"Erasmus Montanus."Jeppe,  D. T. Eaton Unc.Nille,  Miss Frances TrippErasmus,  B. K. Little '23Jacob,  R. H. L. Skinner '22Jeronimous,  A. T. Hill '20Magdelone,  Miss Janet WebsterLisbed,  Miss Catriona ColePeer,  V. P. Williamson Unc.Jesper,  F. C. Packard, Jr., '20Lieutenant,  F. S. Stranahan '21Niels,  D. P. Ferguson '2