UNIVERSITY CREW SEASON COMMENCES THIS AFTERNOON

LARGE SQUAD EXPECTED

Candidates for the University crew will report at Newell Boat House today at 4 o'clock. Acting Captain F. B. Whitman '19 and Coach Haines will give short talks outlining the general crew policy this year. It has already been definitely decided that no cuts whatever will be made this season. Boats will be organized for all men reporting and every boat is expected to have its race at the regatta. An effort will be made to have as large a squad as possible and any man interested in rowing whether he has had experience or not should report.

Although only three members of last year's University crew, which had a decisive victory over Yale, will row all of the 1921 winning eight except M. E. Olmstead will report. In addition D. Leighton '19 who rowed at 7 in his Freshman boat and stroked the third University crew in 1917, and N. Brazer '18 who was at bow in the 1918 Freshman, crew and stroked the second University boat in 1917 until the declaration of war, will row this season.

During the first week of University practice the 1922 men who have been at work since January will be given a rest. The call for 1922 managerial candidates will probably, be issued early next week.