NEW ELIGIBILITY RULES PASSED BY COMMITTEE

BASEBALL SCHEDULE OUT

Abolition of training tables, at least for the remainder of this academic year, was agreed upon by the University Athletic Committee at its meeting last night. In addition, the committee expressed its approval of the tentative proposals for temporary modification of the eligibility rules, which were made by the chairmen of the Athletic Committees of Yale, Princeton, and the University at their recent meeting in New York.

This latter action constitutes a most important step, and the proposals cover almost all cases which are likely to occur in regard to men rated "unclassified" or as "dropped Freshmen." The proposals as they were passed by the committee chairmen are as follows:

1. We adhere strictly to the rule debarring Freshmen from University teams for members of the Class of 1922.

2. We adhere strictly to the rule debarring students from competing in intercollegiate athletics on the University teams or crews for more than three (3) years.

3. We agree that for those who entered military service in the Winter of 1917, or in the Winter of 1918; the Autumn of 1916-1917 or the Autumn of 1917-1918 shall be combined with the Spring of 1919 and regarded as constituting with it a single academic year.

4. We also agree that any member of the Freshman classes of 1920 or 1921 who left college when in good standing to go into military service and who now returns, shall be declared eligible for University athletics, despite the fact that for academic purposes he is still technically rated as a Freshman. It is, however, understood that no considerable time should elapse between such a man's discharge from military service and his re-entering college.

It was announced that, contrary to rumors, there will be no triangular crew race this year. On the other hand, there will be as usual the annual dual race with Yale at New London on June 20, and another dual regatta with Princeton on the Charles, April 19.

Cornell has been dropped from the track schedule, and instead a triangular meet has been tentatively set for May 17 at the Stadium between Yale, Princeton, and the University. In case the date of this meet is ratified by the Athletic Committees of Yale and Princeton, the baseball game with the latter university on that date will be held at Princeton, and the second game at Cambridge. In addition there may be a dual track meet with M. I. T. earlier in the season. It was made clear by Major Moore that all these decisions are tentative.

The following appointments were confirmed: University fencing manager, S. H. Ordway '21; University wrestling manager, L. A. Watkins '21; University swimming captain, G. Tilton '20.

Twenty-Five Baseball Games This Spring

This year's baseball schedule was ratifled. Twenty-five games are provided for in the schedule which Manager Ford Hibbard '20 has announced.

The opponents, dates, and locations of the games are as follows:

Apr. 9--Bowdoin, at Cambridge.

Apr. 12--Bates, at Cambridge.

Apr. 16--Springfield Y. M. C. A. College, at Cambridge.

Apr. 19--Pennsylvania, at Cambridge, (tentative).

Apr. 21--Boston Braves at Braves Field. (tentative).

Apr. 23--Colby, at Cambridge.

Apr. 26--Vermont, at Cambridge.

May 1--Maine at Cambridge.

May 3--Pennsylvania, at Philadelphia.

May 7--Holy Cross, at Cambridge.

May 10--Dartmouth, at Cambridge.

May 14--Williams, at Cambridge.

May 17--Princeton, at Princeton. (location tentative).

May 21--Amherst, at Cambridge.

May 24--Princeton, at Cambridge. (location tentative).

May 30--Brown, at Providence.

May 31--Brown, at Cambridge.

June 4--Open.

June 7--Holy Cross, at Worcester.

June 10--Boston College, at Newton. (In case no third game with Princeton).

June 11--Princeton, at N. Y., in case of tie.

June 14--Boston College, at Cambridge.

June 17--Yale, at New Haven.

June 18--Yale, at Cambridge.

June 21--Yale at New York, in case of tie