RADICAL CHANGES MADE IN YALE'S ATHLETIC POLICY

Board of Athletic Control Asks Sport for All Under General Direction.--Training Table But No Scouting or Secret Practice.

Yale's Board of Athletic Control, at its first meeting since America's entry into the World War adopted a set of radical alterations in the general athletic policy. The changes which were made were presented to the board in a petition from the undergraduates, and in some cases varied widely from the plans which have been under consideration by the alumni who have conferred with the University and Princeton for the control of athletics in the triangular league.

Among the most important changes are four main points which Yale has adopted: Development of the best possible major teams general participation in athletics by the undergraduate body; employment of a permanent director of athletics; appointment of a resident graduate executive committee by the board of control. These general matters have been discussed for some time but this is the first time a decision has been reached.

Further specifications were these: Dual track meets with the University and Princeton; no secret practice, no scouting, keeping the field and bowl open Sundays and the employment of seasonal coaches to assist the director of athletics. This last point has been much discussed and there has been a great deal of talk about abolishing seasonal coaches. Dean Briggs was especially in favor of this.

Yale will have training tables but the cost of board will not exceed that at the average eating house. All men will pay for their own board except those who present a certificate from the bureau of appointments to the effect that they are doing outside work to earn their food.