SOCIAL SERVICE.

The American spirit of co-operation and maintenance of high standards in all aspects of life has been brought home by the war to all classes, including the boys of the slums. Now that the war has ceased it is necessary to uphold these ideals that the impetus of stirring times has produced.

In the past many of the undergraduates in College have regarded it as a duty to give a small amount of their time to boys' clubs, entertainments at settlement houses, or other similar activities. On the contrary it actually is an immense pleasure, that has been recognized by many of the leading men in College, to work with and develop these live American youths who are soon to be our governing citizens. Not only do the boys themselves derive immense benefit, but the undergraduate receives an insight into human nature that would otherwise be hard to obtain.

The Social Service Committee of Phillips Brooks House has been fortunate in securing Mayor Peters, of Boston, who is obviously well acquainted, with the merits of this work, as a speaker at its meeting tonight. Charles F. Ernst, former head of South Bay Union, one of the foremost organizations of its kind in Boston, will also be present.

If you have done social service work before come and learn of the opportunities offered this year. If you know little or nothing of this work, come tonight and find out the facts.