Lieut. A. E. Angier '20 Awarded D. S. C. Posthumously for Bravery

First Lieutenant Albert Edgar Angier '20 of Waban, Mass., who was killed in action in September, 1918, has been awarded the Distinguished Service Cross, posthumously, for extraordinary heroism on the field of battle. After leaving College to enter the service, he was elected a Business Editor of the CRIMSON and was first sergeant of Co. A of the R.O.T.C. in the fall of 1917. In January, 1918 he entered the Third Officers' Training Camp at Yaphank and was sent overseas for further training before receiving his commission as 2nd lieutenant. Shortly before his death, he was promoted to 1st lieutenant. Lt. Angier's citation follows:

"First Lieut. Albert E. Angier (deceased) 308th Infantry--on September 14th, 1918, in the attack near Revillon, when his Battalion advanced, this officer in command of a platoon of Company M. 308th Infantry, continued to lead his men though wounded. By his won personal courage and example, he urged them forward through enemy wire to their objective. Even when mortally wounded, he continued to direct the consolidation of his platoon's position, refusing medical attention in faver of others who had a better chance to live."