FRESHMAN JUBILEE.

Too much importance cannot be laid upon the continuation of the Freshman Jubilee. Its elimination would not necessarily involve the future success of any one of the members of '22, nor leave inarticulate forever some unfound songster. However, it would discontinue an excellent tradition as well as prevent the class from enjoying its only social function before the Junior year.

Dr. Davison is abundantly able to set before the class the value of the Jubilee as a musical endeavor. A foreign critic after a brief tour through this country reported to his audience that the Americans were birds of beautiful plumage but without song. However figurative this remark may be, its literal interpretation is not without truth.

The other feature which 1922 must bear in mind is that it is at present more separated than any Freshman class since the Class of 1917; half its members are in two Freshman dormitories and the rest are scattered throughout Cambridge. Any occasion which will tend to unite these elements and develop a more normal condition should most certainly be encouraged.