HARVARD MAGAZINE NO. 2 PLACED ON SALE TODAY

RADCLIFFE CONTRIBUTES

The genuine "Harvard Magazine," the appearance of which was so ably advertised yesterday by the unknown editors of the red-covered parody bearing the same name, is now published and on sale at the Square. The regular magazine is intended by its editors to fill the place of the old Monthly which ceased publication some years ago. There is to be no board of editors announced, except the business staff, the main principle of the publication being that no board shall be chosen until men of proved ability can be selected. A business staff, with W. F. Davidson '20 and Alan Burroughs '20 temporarily at the head, is to take charge of the publication of the paper, the articles being obtained by contribution. A few men of recognized ability will later be selected from the contributors to form an honorary advisory board whose judgment will be taken in selecting the articles for publication. The men serving on this committee are bound not to publish their own work if unbiased judges consider other contributions to possess equal merit.

The magazine has the support of several members of the English Department, among them Mr. T. L. Hood '08, who has an article in the present issue, and Mr. B. H. Lehman, who wrote the criticism in this issue of the CRIMSON. Contributions are open from all members of the University and Radcliffe, articles being chosen for publication on the grounds of literary merit.

Third Magazine Appears Monday.

The following statement was left in the CRIMSON notice box late last night: "HARVARD MAGAZINE -- Attention all undergraduates! Do not be misled by the ridiculous parody appearing for sale today. The true publication will appear Monday and copies of both parodies will be given away free with each copy sold. (Signed) THE EDITORS."