RE-OCCUPY BUILDINGS IN FALL

TRANSFER NAVAL_RADIO SCHOOL TO GREAT LAKES ON APRIL 15.

The University authorities have decided that no attempt will be made to re-occupy the buildings left vacant by the departure of the Radio School on April 15, until next fall. Pierce Hall, Perkins Hall, Walter Hastings Hall, the Hemenway Gymnasium, and Memorial Hall are some of the buildings which will be returned to the University. These quarters have been converted to suit the special needs of the naval students, and it will require a good deal of time and expense to restore them to their former condition. The order that the barracks occupied by the Radio School would be used by troops of the 26th Division at the time of the parade has been countermanded because 9,000 men will be discharged before the parade, and so the extra space will not be needed.

Orders setting the date of moving as April 15 have just been received by the Radio School. By that time, the school will be cut down to less than 400 students and instructors, who will be transferred to the Naval Station at the Great Lakes. Only those men who wish to remain in the Navy permanently will be taken West. All others will be soon discharged.