NEED BOOKS FOR ARMY MORALE

STUDENTS URGED TO GIVE FICTION, TEXT-BOOKS, AND CLOTHING TO COLLECTORS.

Not only will all kinds of text-books be accepted in the text-book and clothing collection of Phillips Brooks House, but special emphasis will be laid on contributions of fiction works, magazines, and other literature. This is in accordance with a recent cable message from Herbert Putnam '83, Librarian of Congress, now in France, which reads as follows: "Urge everything possible to stimulate book and magazine donations--need never greater than present--at least million more fiction and miscellaneous books demanded within next six months to maintain army morale."

Whereas technical and vocational books are supplied in abundance to our men abroad by means of the A. L. A. War Service, the provision of all other good reading depends on gifts only. Current magazines, as well as readable books, are especially desired. Members of the University are requested to give whatever they can spare either to the Phillips Brooks House clothing collectors or to Dr. C. O. S. Mawson, of the A. L. A. Overseas Dispatch Office, in the basement of Widener Library.

The text-books received will be placed as usual in the Text Book Loan Library of the Phillips Brooks House Association, where they will be rented to students for the nominal sum of ten cents a year. The magazines and fiction will be sent at once to members of our military and naval forces overseas, while the clothing contributions will be distributed among various organized charities in Boston and Cambridge.