THE VICTORY LIBERTY LOAN.

The treasury department has now announced the details of the fifth war loan, which is considered a masterpiece by the business men of America. It is made attractive by a 4 3-4 percent interest rate, yet its early date of maturity will prevent it from depressing the value of the previous issues.

Many undergraduates are daily receiving their $60 gratuities from the government. Both duty and common sense point to only one proper use for this money. The war is won, but it is not yet paid for. The government still has vast expenses to meet. Men and equipment must be brought home, Europe must be fed, and great programs of reconstruction at home and abroad must be carried out. The government must have money. If it cannot borrow, it will tax.

Let us show that we have not lost interest in the cause for which so many of our classmates gave their lives. We can show our appreciation of our nation's generosity by loaning our money to the government. It should be unnecessary to add that the Victory Loan is the safest investment in the world.