STRENGTHEN NINE FOR SPRINGFIELD CONTEST

FROTHINGHAM IN FIELD

With four of the pitching staff laid up temporarily on account of sore arms, the University baseball team will meet Springfield Y. M. C. A. College at 4 o'clock at Soldiers Field this afternoon. F. K. Bullard '20 who pitched effective ball during the short time he was in the game against Bates, will start the game today.

The nine will be greatly strengthened by the return of Captain W. W. McLeod '19, R. E. Gross '19, and H. P. King '21, who have been out of the game with sprained ankles since the Bowdoin contest. The presence of these three regulars should have the effect of steadying the fielding of the team.

Frothingham Remains in Line-up.

W. B. Frothingham '21, who has been playing in King's place at first, will be kept in the line-up, due to his hard hitting in the two games, in which he has participated. He will replace L. P. Jones '19 in right field. A. Blair '21, catcher on last year's Freshman team, will be behind the bat for the first time this season.

The Springfield team has only played one game to date, --that with Yale, a week ago today. Twombly, the Springfield pitcher, held the Elis to three hits, but his team made four errors which let in two runs.