NAVAL RADIO SCHOOL GOES TO GREAT LAKES

CADETS NEAR GRADUATION

The Naval Radio School, which has been in Cambridge since April 15, 1917, will move to the Great Lakes Naval Training Station between the fifteenth and the twentieth of this month.

"We have not yet been notified of the exact day on which we are to move", said Commander Weaver of the Radio School in an interview with a CRIMSON reporter yesterday, "but we are making all preparations to leave shortly after the middle of the month. By that time, the school will be greatly decreased in size, and will probably be easily incorporated into the Training Unit at Great Lakes."

The Radio School has had a remarkable growth from its modest opening two years ago to its size of nearly 5000 sailors before the signing of the armistice. Many of the University buildings, including Pierce Hall, formerly the Engineering building, Perkins Hall, Walter Hastings Hall, the Hemenway Gymnasium, and Memorial Hall have been taken over by the school, but were inadequate to accommodate the increased enrollment. Last Fall it was necessary to erect temporary wooden barracks on the Common to provide room for this growth, but since the close of the war, the enrollment has fallen off steadily.

Officers to Graduate April 17

The graduation of the final class of the Officers Material School on April 17 will mark the departure of the last of the Naval Units from Cambridge. The English School was begun on June 18, 1917, with a class of 53 cadets, of whom 47 graduated. Since then it has increased to a school of two large classes and has commissioned over 1000 ensigns in the United States Navy.

The last of the companies to be admitted was taken in early this winter and will graduate about 125 men. Although this will close the instruction at the school, the final work of administration will not end until about May 1.