COLLECT $2,000 IN ONE DAY OF LOAN CAMPAIGN

MANY SOLICITORS INACTIVE

Victory Liberty Loan Bonds to the amount of $2,000 were subscribed in the first two hours of the University drive last night. The canvassing did not begin until six o'clock yesterday evening, and continued only until 8 o'clock. In consideration of this short period of soliciting, the results of the opening day of the campaign are satisfactory. The Sophomore Class subscribed the largest amount, with a total of $650. The Freshmen are credited with $500, the Seniors with $200, and the Juniors with $150. From the University at large $500 was raised, bringing the total for the day up to $2,000.

Mass Meeting in Sanders at 7.

At a Cambridge mass meeting to take place in Sanders Theatre at 7 o'clock this evening. Brigadier-General Charles H. Cole, 26th Division, A. E. F., and N. Penrose Hallowell '97, executive chairman of the New England Victory Liberty Loan Committee, will speak. All members of the University are invited to attend the meeting, which is being held under the auspices of the Cambridge Liberty Loan Committee. Professor W. B. Munro will preside.

The University Loan Committee is very much disappointed at the number of men who failed to report last night to receive instructions. The following members of the Canvassing Committee did not come to the Loan Headquarters in the CRIMSON Sanctum last night, and must report between 6 and 8 o'clock this evening:

Team A-W. N. Calder '22, H. Seabury '22, E. C. Lincoln '22, A. B. Field '22, C. R. Larrabee '19, J. B. Reed, Jr., '20, D. C. Seager '20, A. R. Duane '22.

Team B-W. W. Douglass '22, G. V. Smith '22, C. T. Adams '22, W. D. Hubbard '22, A. M. Wrenn '22, J. E. Lumbard '22, D. B. Lincoln '19.

Team C-H. W. O'Neill '19, S. R. Dunham '19, T. D. Cabot '20, E. A. McCouch '20, H. E. Rinners '19, E. R. Pineda '19, G. B. Woods '19, F. T. Fisher '19, H. M. Williams '21, R. G. Brown 1L., S. W. Osgood '20, C. D. Perry '21, L. T. Lanman '20, D. B. Hull '19, R. G. Payne '20, A. MacElwain '21, J. B. Fennoy, Jr., '21, A. D. Hamilton '21, V. E. Macy '20, G. Forster '21, F. A. Wright '21.