CHOSE UNIVERSITY DEBATERS

Washburn, Berle, Tutun, Form Affirmative; Hosmer, Berlack, Holbrook Negative, For Triangular Contest.

At the debating trials held last night, the University debating teams which meet Yale and Princeton in the triangular debate on May 2 were chosen. Three men and an alternate will go to Princeton, and three speakers and two alternates will stay at home for the debate in Sanders Theatre at which Governor Coolidge will probably preside.

The affirmative team which debates at Princeton is composed of S. Washburn '20, R. P. Berle '19, J. J. Tutun '20 and M. J. Donner '21, as alternate. W. A. Hosmer ocC., H. Berlack '20 and W. S. Holbrook, Jr., '21 form the negative team which meets Yale in Sanders Theatre. E. J. Hutchinson '22 and B. F. Jones, Jr., '22 are alternates on this team.

The question for this year's debate is: Resolved, that the 18th Amendment to the United States Constitution should be repealed." Due to the fact that national prohibition goes into effect on July 1, the question is one of unusual interest.

Tickets for the debate priced at 25 and 50 cents will be put on sale in the near future at Leavitt & Peirce's and Amee Brothers' Bookstore. The dormitories will also be canvassed.