UNIVERSITY UNION PERMANENT

WILL ENCOURAGE ATTENDANCE OF AMERICANS AT FRENCH UNIVERSITIES.

"The American University Union in Paris has been the most popular rendezvous for our college men abroad ever since the United States entered the War," said Professor at the Sorbonne from 1916to 1918, and a member of the American Board of Trustees for the Union, to a CRIMSON reporter yesterday. "A total of 140 colleges and universities are represented in the Union, which is now located in the Royal Palace Hotel, at No. 8 Rue de Richelieu. Now we are making plans for the future.

"At present the future of the Union is undecided, but there seems no doubt but that it will become a permanent institution. It is merely a Question as to whether it will be developed into a central information bureau for all university men abroad, supplying general advice on living in France and holding regular meetings, receptions, and dinners, or whether it will become an ordinary university club with rooms and restaurant, and a permanent resident representative of American universities as a whole. At any rate, the main object of the Union from now on will be to promote research by American students in French universities and encourage their attendance at those institutions."