QUARTERS FOR CREWS CHOSEN

WHITNEY COTTAGE ALLOTTED TO UNIVERSITY OARSMEN.--TWO NEW SHIFTS.

The University oarsmen will be quartered in the Harry Payne Whitney cottage during their short training period at Gales Ferry preceeding the Yale race this June. Definite arrangements for the regatta were recently announced at New London when the captains of the two crews together with the University managers met the Yale coaches to discuss the situation. Outside of the matter of quarters for the crews no changes were made in the program as planned in January.

It is expected that the University crews, including the Freshman eight, will go to New London early in June and Yale will precede them by a few days.

Two shifts in the University and Freshman eights have been made as a result of the return of M. E. Olmstead 21 and H. Brown '22. Olmstead has recently been mustered out of the service and will begin rowing today on crew C. He prepared at St. Paul's School and stroked the victorious Freshman eight last year.

In the Freshman boat H. Brown, who has recently been out because of sickness, has returned, displacing S. Duncan, who is now rowing on the second.