LOAN DRIVE CLOSES AT 1. ALREADY A THIRD OVER GOAL SET

FRESHMEN STILL LACK $6,750.--W. E. SPAULDING '19 WON GERMAN HELMET.--MORSS AND HANMLIN UR GE INVESTMENT.--DIRIGIBLE TO FLY OVER HARVARD SQUARE.

Today is the last chance to buy Victory Liberty Loan Notes. The office in the CRIMSON Building closes at 1 o'clock this afternoon; and all pledges must be signed before that time, while the first instalment on notes must be paid at one of the Cambridge banks before noon in order to insure the delivery of bonds, as no over subscription will be accepted.

The Freshman Class is still lacking $6,750, and that amount must be subscribed this morning in order that that class may fill its quota. Yesterday's total of $9,350 brought the College total to $117,850, which is almost a third more than the goal set.

The German helmet, which was offered to the member of the Canvassing Committee who sold the greatest number of notes in the three weeks campaign, has been awarded to W. E. Spaulding '19, with a total of 50 subscriptions. B. Wharton '22, and L. Richardson '29 are second and third with 18 and 17 bonds sold, respectively.

Members of Reserve Advise Buying.

Messages have been received from C. A. Morss, Governor of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, and C. S. Hamlin '83, member of the National Federal Reserve Board, at Washington, urging undergraduates to buy notes now.

"The victory Loan Notes are probably the best investment that is offered in the market today," said Mr. Morss.

Dirigible of Fly for Loan.

A dirigible balloon from the U. S. Naval Air Station at Chatham will make a flight to Cambridge today in the interests of the Liberty Loan. The pilot has been directed by Lieut, A. D. Brewer '01, who is in charge of the Chatham station, to cruise in the vicinity of Harvard Square and Soldiers Field for at least half an hour.