THE BASEBALL TEAM COMES THROUGH

Although no one was anxious to admit it, the undergraduate body was thoroughly discouraged by the showing of the baseball team against Dartmouth. A train of "loyal rooters" packed the cheering section and yelled vociferously when events on the field justified any noise and frequently when they didn't. Even when the team was nine runs behind, and the rain was pouring down, a not small portion of the cheering section crowded together close to the field and shouted encouragement until the very end. But all their efforts availed nothing.

Yesterday Williams was the opponent, a highly rated organization, supposedly strong in all departments. After the last Purple batter had flied out the score stood 11-4, with the Williams team far to the rear. Again the stands had done their share by their ardent backing and this time, they were not disappointed. They saw an organization which was playing at top speed from start to finish, and that is what they have been waiting to see. If the team has really found itself and can continue this consistent aggressiveness and wide-awake playing Coach Duffy and Captain McLeod need not fear the result of the coming games.