NORTHFIELD.

One month from today, the Northfield Conference begins. There are, however, a number of undergraduates who as yet lack information on this subject. For their benefit, we reiterate the purpose of the assembly.

In the first place, ten days at Northfield is a real vacation. Any doubts as to this may be dispelled by consulting someone who has already attended. It is significant that those who have been to one session usually wish to return to another. The type of students who attend, ability of the speakers, and abundant opportunity for recreation account for the popularity of the meetings.

Aside from this, the Conference provides an excellent means of discussing subjects of vital college interest. Much has been said about establishing the University on a peace time footing and organizing activities on a more sensible basis than theretofore. A great deal can by done to realize this reorganization, by talking over ideas which have been put into practice at other universities. The meetings present an excellent opportunity to exchange opinions, by bringing together students from on parts of the country.

Although religious in purpose, the conference is not what is generally understood as a revival. Its object is to discuss matters in an informal way with some of the ablest men of this country and with representative students from various American colleges. These quiet, personal talks on subjects of interest to every undergraduate are the chief justification of Northfield.