HONOR PRINCETON WAR DEAD BY MEMORIAL HALL. -- THREE PLANS IN FAVOR AT YALE

Remodel Edifice And Rebuild Central Portion.--Approval of Graduate Council Secured.

Final plans for the Princeton War Memorial, as ratified by the graduate council of that university in conjunction with a committee appointed by the Board of Trustees, call for the remodelling of Nassau Hall and the rebuilding of the central portion as a Memorial Hall for Princeton men who died in this and previous wars. The proposed memorial had been approved by the trustees' committee, but the sanction of the graduate council was necessary before the plans could finally be accepted.

Many tentative ideas and suggestions were received from varying sources by the committees in charge as to the definite form that the memorial should take. The first and most natural suggestion was the erection of a new hall or chapel or some dignified monument that should forever commemorate the heroism of the university's sons. In view of the fact, however, that the money necessary and incident to the erection of such a monument would have to be funds diverted from courses where they are needed for educational purposes, this plan was for the moment laid aside, and consideration given to other aspects of the question. After a long period of discussion it was decided that the most fitting place possible for the memorial is within the walls of old Nassau, which is already rich in historical associations. The plan, then, in general calls for the remodelling of the central portion of Nassau Hall, which is nearly a century and three-quarters old.