INTERNATINAL EDUCATIONAL RELATIONS.

Aside from diplomatic circles, the field that lends itself best to the establishing of friendly international relations is probably the field of education. Exchange professors between the leading universities started international educational association many years ago, and nor plans are emerging from the great melting pot of war to follow up the initial advances.

The American University Union has proved, and will prove in the future, a great institution for the crystalizing of educational ideas of our country and France. There are also the Rhodes Scholarships which enable Americans to obtain the benefits of Oxford University, and recently the Harvard Club of New York has created a reciprocal privilege through the Choate Scholarship, that enables Englishmen to become educated in American universities.

Among the most recent advances is the creation of the American Expeditionary Force Schools in France and England. In addition to the benefits derived from these institutions by the army, the countries in which the schools are established receive the advantage of the educational stimulus of foreign blood and foreign blood and foreign ideas. A pertinent manifestation of the international education is the exodus of soldiers of the American army to the college from which John Harvard came, for already many men who have had two years of American college experience have permanently enrolled in Emanuel College in England.

In Paris there is now in progress a Congress of International Students, including representatives from colleges and universities in every nation of the world, which is discussing comprehensive plans for international co-operation. It is our hope and expectation that the future will continue the excellent and important work of carrying forward these relations, which so greatly aid in harmonizing the association of different countries.