"GETTING TOGETHER."

The Congress of International Students, including representatives from colleges and universities in every nation of the world, has begun a series of sessions at Paris. It seems that this body originated from a so-called International Circle of men and women students in the French capital, who first banded themselves together about a year ago. With the demobilization of allied armies since the armistice and the liberal granting of furloughs and leaves to those not yet discharged from service, the organization has grown into a recognized and thoroughly representative body. The objects of the Congress may be summed up in that characteristic American phrase of which Capt. Ian Hay Beith could not rob us even by adoption, namely, "Getting Together."

More specifically, the desired plan of co-operation includes international equivalence of degrees and credits, travelling fellowships, exchange-professors, missions and study-hours, and special courses for foreign students in France.

We are thoroughly in harmony with the co-operative spirit and purpose of this Congress, and we wish all success to its deliberations. Even if little of immediate practical importance is accomplished, surely a great world movement for student co-operation will have been launched, and the very launching, will have been more than worth while. When M. Jean Fuielle, General Secretary of the organization, visits Cambridge in the course of his projected tour of American colleges and universities, we are sure that Harvard men will give his plans for the closer international co-operation of college students their warmest support.