"NOT BY YEARS BUT BY DISPOSITION"

The meeting of the Student Council with the Board of Overseers to consider the "Relation of the College and the Student," marks a new trend in collegiate policy a positive recognition of what undergraduate point of view can contribute to scholastic administration. The cooperation will prove beneficial to all interests, and we are glad that the unavoidable gulf between the younger and the older generation has been so wisely bridged. It is to be hoped that this cognizance of the undergraduate attitude will be fostered at Harvard and throughout the country. It is only during the past two or three generations that the maxim, "Children should be seen and not heard," has been discarded as a relic of past ages. Now we are going one step farther, in recognizing that youth has a positive contribution to make, a contribution which can not be neglected.

Between the ages of seventeen and twenty-five, men have a more progressive and idealistic attitude than at any other period of life. Nothing seems too big or too difficult to accomplish; there is a breaking away from the traditional ways of thinking; a consciousness of one's own power.

In recognizing the possible advantages of student representation, the University has put itself on the side of those few who believe there is value in the younger point of view.