MOORE TRACK CAPTAIN

CARNIVAL TOMORROW

William Moore Occ., of Gloucester, was elected captain of the University track team at a meeting of all track "H" men in College and of all men who placed in the Tech. meet held at the Locker Building yesterday afternoon. This election is subject to the approval of the Athletic Committee.

Moore prepared at Andover, but did not participate in track work there. He entered the University with the class of 1918, and was a member of the Freshman track team. In the following year he ran the dashes on the University team, but did not receive his "H". In the season of 1916-1917 he took part in fall and winter track, but entered the service in April.

Moore returned to College at the close of the war, and has been one of the mainstays of the University track team this spring, due to his fast work in the dashes. In the Tech. meet, he was a double winner, scoring firsts in both the 100 and 220-yard dashes. In that meet, he ran the longer distance in the unusually fast time of 22.1 seconds, and his time for the shorter dash is just a shade above ten seconds flat.

Annual Handicap Meet.

Entries for the annual spring track handicap meet close at six o'clock this evening. Any member of the University who has taken a strength test is eligible to compete in the carnival, which will begin promptly at 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon. Entry books are posted at the Locker Building, Leavitt & Peirce's, and the Freshman dormitories.

As usual, handicaps will be given to all entrants so that no man will be at a disadvantage on account of inexperience. Four cups which have not been competed for since 1916 will be given to the winners who may retain them for one year. The four cups are: Wells Cup, handicap mile, won by W. P. Whitehouse '17 in 1916; S. G. Wells Cup, quarter-mile, won by W. Wilcox, Jr., '17, in 49 3-5 secs, in 1916; Lathrop Cup; 220-yard dash, won by E. A. Teschner '17, in 21.4 secs., in 1916; Mansfield Cup for 100-yard dash handicap, won by W. Rollins '16, in 10 1-5 secs. in 1916.

The following events will be held: 100 and 220-yard dashes; 440-yard run; half-mile, mile, and two-mile runs; 120-yard high and 220-yard low hurdles; high and broad jumps; shot-put, pole-vault, and hammer-throw.