EDITORIALS.

It is hardly necessary to remark in closing the columns of the CRIMSON until September, that the subjects covered in the editorial columns of the year have been unusually many and varied. The remarkable trend of world events, coupled with many engrossing topics of college re-organization and reform, have claimed the undergraduate attention, and consequently that of the CRIMSON.

Throughout the year efforts of the paper as a whole, have been directed on the following three lines: the presentation of full, accurate, and up-to-date college news the editorial interpretation of that news and of news of the outside world through the medium of the undergraduate point of view, and finally the hope of leading the current undergraduate opinion, whenever we have thought another opinion valuable or the prevailing opinion at fault.

The difficulty of reflecting undergraduate opinion is obvious when one considers the great variety of men in college and the consequent complexity of their various beliefs. Of these, the CRIMSON has tried to keep away from the radically extreme, and to present the matter in as true a light as possible.

It has not been as moulders of optimism, but representatives of opinion, that the Board has endeavored to speak. Its success is not in whether it has moulded opinion, but in whether it has caused men to think.