TEN NOMINEES LEFT IN VOTE FOR BOARD OF OVERSEERS

Balloting on Commencement Day to Fill Five Remaining Vacancies.

Nominations for overseers to fill the five vacancies existing on the board of the University for next year have narrowed down to ten names as a result of the postal card ballot taken by the alumni. The list as it now stands will be voted on in Massachusetts Hall, Commencement Day, June 19, between half past nine and four o'clock. Graduates of the year 1914 and earlier classes only will be eligible to cast a ballot, no graduate of less than five years standing being allowed to take part in the election.

The ten nominees arranged in accordance with the number of votes obtained by each in the balloting by mail are as follows:

Owen Wister '82, of Philadelphia, Pa., author and essayist; Thomas William Lamont '92, of New York City, of the firm of J. P. Morgan Co.; Judge Julian William Mack LL.B. '87, of Chicago, Ill.; Edward Hickling Bradford '69, of Boston, former dean of the Medical School; Ellery Sedgwick '94, of Boston, editor of the Atlantic Monthly; John Downer Pennock '83, of Cambridge, principal of the Boston Latin School; Benjamin Joy '05, of Boston, vice-president of the Emergency Fleet Corporation; Howard Coonley '99, of Boston; and Grenville Clark '03, of New York City.

The five men selected by the vote of the alumni will serve as members of the board of overseers for a team of six years.