DEAN EDWIN F. GAY RESIGNED

BUSINESS SCHOOL HEAD TO BE EDITOR OF NEW YORK EVENING POST.

Announcement was made several weeks ago of the resignation of Edwin Francis Gay, A.B., Ph.D., LL.D., Dean of the Graduate School of Business Administration, and Professor of Economics at the University. Dean Gay has accepted the position of Editor of the New York Evening Post.

In 1908 when the Graduate School of Business Administration was founded Professor Gay was appointed Dean, and has served in that office until the present time. He is largely responsible for the growth of the school from 113 students in 1908-09 to 288 in 1918-19, and its increasing high rank among such institutions.

On Numerous War Boards.

On January 1, 1918, Dean Gay was appointed Special Expert on the United States Shipping Board and on February 11, 1918, was made Director of the Division of Planning and Statistics and was engaged to supervise the reduction of imports that tonnage might be conserved for war purposes. At this same time he was appointed a member of the War Trade Board to represent the Shipping Board and to co-ordinate the enforcement of import restrictions. Subsequently he was made Director of the Division of Planning and Statistics of the War Industries Board as well as of that department of the War Trade Board.

In June, 1918, the Central Bureau of Planning and Statistics was established under direct authority of the President, to prepare for him periodic reports on the war activities of the Government. From the opening of this work Dean Gay had it in charge as Director. Secondary duties of the Central Bureau were the correlation of statistical work of all government units, together with collection and dispatch of economic data required by the American delegates at the Peace Conference.

Appointed to Labor Conference.

President Wilson has just appointed Dean Gay among others to represent the public at the national conference between employers and employees to be held soon in Washington. During and after his war service Dean Gay received many offers of executive positions requiring large responsibilities including the presidency of a number of American educational institutions. He will assume his duties as editor of the New York Evening Post on January 1, 1920.