ELIS HAVE MANY VETERANS

Over Ninety Men Reported to Coach Sharpe for Practice Monday.

Over ninety candidates for the Eli eleven reported to Coach Sharpe for the first practice at the Yale Bowl last Monday, and with a large number of veterans on hand and an experienced coaching staff the development of a formidable team is well under way. Dr. Albert Sharpe, former Cornell coach and now director of athletics at Yale is in charge. He is assisted by Dr. Arthur Brides, line coach, Dr. William Bull, backfield coach, John Cates, veteran end coach, Herman Olcott, freshman coach, and John Mack, trainer.

No scrimmaging is expected until next week, and the drill so far has been entirely in fundamentals. Dr. Sharpe has already made it clear that the team will be thoroughly grounded in the rudiments of the game through the twice daily daily practice in scientific starting, turning, passing, punt-catching, and general handling of the ball.

Among the backfield men who have already reported are Braden, fullback, La Roche, quarterback, and Neville, Kempton and Murphy, halfbacks. Aldrich, the freshman baseball catcher of last year seems to be one of the most promising dropkickers. He is one of the heaviest members of the squad and should also develop into a clever line plunger.

The rushline candidates include a large number of veterans, among whom are Captain Callahan at center, Galt and Sidenburg, guards, Walker and Kirkpatrick, tackles, and Hamill and Acosta, ends.