JACQUES TO ADDRESS RUNNERS

FORMER HARRIER WILL DELIVER TALK TO TRACK MEN IN SMITH HALL.

Herbert Jaques '10, former cross-country captain will give a talk on different methods of running, at a meeting of track and cross-country men next Monday at 3 o'clock in the Common Room of Smith Hall. It is expected that at this meeting a number of new men will report for either cross-country or track. Freshman cross-country men, weight and field men, are particularly needed. Inexperienced men in any branch are urged by the track management to come out, as it is not uncommon for men who have never run before to develop into good material at College. Freshmen are also reminded that participation in track relieves them from compulsory physical training and gives them an opportunity to win their numerals. The 1923 cross-country schedule includes a meet with Yale and Andover and possibly one with Exeter. Training is now well under way; next week the Freshman squads will be sent out over the Belmont course with the University squad. Arrangements have been made to use the new Belmont High School Building as a locker building during the coming season.

"Tech" Meet Planned.

A handicap track meet and later an informal meet with M. I. T. are included in the plans for the fall season. With a number of experienced track men of former years out again this year, the prospects for a successful season seem favorable. Chief reliance in the distance events will be placed on H. D. Costigan '20 and D. H. Worrall '20; in the middle distance on D. F. O'Connell '21 and W. H. Goodwin '20; quarter-mile, E. O. Gourdin '21; high and broad jump, C. G. Krogness '21; and pole-vault, R. W. Harwood '20.