PLAN HOLIDAY CONCERT AND DANCE NEXT FRIDAY

PLAN MANY CONCERTS

The Christmas Concert and Dance to be given by the Pierian Sodality at the Union, Friday evening, December 17, will be one of the outstanding events of Harvard's Christmas Season. The Living Room will be decorated with evergreens and colored lights, while open log fires will brighten up each end of the room.

The affair will begin promptly at eight o'clock with a short and interesting program of light music played by the Pierian Sodality Orchestra of fifty pieces. Through the courtesy of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, the Sodality has obtained the original manuscript and only copy of two Russian folk-songs which have never been played in America except last spring by the Boston Symphony Orchestra. These will be included in the program, which follows:

1. Coronation March,  Meyerbeer2. Overture Phedre,  Massenet3. Specialty Number.4. Waltz: Wine, Woman, and Song,  Strauss5. Two Russian Folk Songs,  Jacchia6. Specialty: The Elephant and the Fly.  (Basoon and Piccolo duet.)7. Selection from "The Sweetheart Shop."8. Harvard Songs