B. A. A. SEVEN YIELDS TO TEAM-PLAY, 4 TO 1; HOLMES, BIGELOW STAR

HIGELOW REGISTERS TWICE; BUNTIN AND BAKER TALLY

In forty-five minutes of swift scrimmaging last night at the Arena the University hockey team outpointed the B. A. A. seven by a 4-1 score. The contest, featured by fast and hard playing throughout, brought out clearly the advantage which team play holds over a group of individual stars, and was a triumph for the Crimson offense.

Jabish Holmes was the busiest man on the ice, making exactly 40 clean stops in the course of the three sessions, and being saved countless times by the smashing defensive work of Owen and Humphrey. The Newton lad especially proved a stumbling block for the Unicorn forwards, tearing out of scrimmage with the puck time after time when his goal was menaced.

On the offensive Captain Bigelow was most conspicuous as the driving force in the Crimson line at all times. His clever stick-work and shiftiness resulted in two goals, while Buntin and Baker both netted the puck once.

Holmes Checks Hall-Storm

The first period, which ended in a draw, was a battle to the death between Holmes and Wylde, playing at the cage for the B. A. A. The former, employing at various moments, feet, hands, legs, body and stick, was the butt of a perfect shower of shots, while Wylde, hammered almost as unceasingly by the University skaters, was bombarded, and driven out of position a dozen times, though succeeding in covering up on each occasion.

With the second period, after Lacroix had replaced Wylde at the net for the Unicorns, the Crimson launched a smashing offensive which registered three tallies before the gong rang. Captain Bigelow, a couple of minutes after the opening of the play, ran through Stubbs and Morton for a score, and a few minutes later Buntin eluded the B. A. A. forwards, split the defense, rode through to draw Lacroix-out of position and caged the puck in a rough-and-tumble scrimmage which ended with a somersault into the boards.

In this session Ingalls, playing a whirlwind game for the Boston team, nearly slipped one over on Holmes, while Baker returned the compliment by ramming home a rebound of a shot by Bigelow past Lacroix.

Wylde Outwitted Once

A shot from Captain Bigelow's stick, which caught Wylde just as he had lost one stick in the fracas and was reaching to the net for another, was the feature of the last set-to. It was the only score against the former University player, whose game throughout was remarkable for his usual daring style of fighting the puck. John Murphy also reached one by Holmes, making the single blot on an otherwise spotless record. The summary: HARVARD.  B. A. A. Bacon, Angier, l.w.  r.w., Percy Buntin, Snelling, l.c.  r.c., Hutchinson, Ingalls Bigelow, Martin, r.c.  l.c., Murphy, Bright Emmons, Baker, r.w.  l.w., Downing, Enright, Rice Owen, c.p.  c.p., Doty, Morton Humphrey, p.  p., Stubbs Holmes, g.  g., Wylde, Lacroix

Score, Harvard 4, B. A. A. 1. Goals, Bigelow 2, Buntin, Baker, Murphy. Referees, Fred Rocque, George Gaw. Goal umpires, Edwards, Larocque. Timers, Carlton, Kanaly, Hendrie. Time, three 15-minute periods.