C. J. YOUNG RIFLE TEAM CAPTAIN

Also Succeeds Bolton as President of Harvard Rifle Club

Yesterday at a meeting of the University rifle team it was voted to accept the resignation of Captain S. K. Bolton '21 of Brookline, who is graduating at midyears. C. J. Young '21 of New York City, N. Y., was elected to succeed him. Bolton, who was captain of his Freshman rifle team, has led the University team for the last two years.

At a meeting of the Harvard University Rifle Club, of which the men on the team are members, Bolton resigned the presidency of the club, and Young, who until now has been vice-president, was elected president. Stephen Wheatland '21 of Salem was elected vice-president in place of Young. The other officers of the club are; Secretary, G. C. Rose '22; Treasurer, A. E. Kirk '20; Executive Officer, Major R. C. F. Goetz.

The work on the range in the basement of Persis Smith is progressing, but it probably will not be completed for three weeks, although it was hoped that the range would be ready for use by the 25th of this month. The equipment of the new range will be better than that of the Bay State School of Musketry and it ought to enable the team to shoot appreciably better.