HOOVER DRIVE LAUNCHED

GLEE CLUB AT HOOVER BANQUET

Canvassing for the Hoover Drive in the University was started yesterday by the dormitory chairmen and their assistants, and will continue for one week.

The following men have not reported to the Drive headquarters. It is absolutely necessary that they do so between 1.30 and 5 o'clock this afternoon at the Crimson Building: G. S. Baldwin,  Beck Hall S. B. Colby,  Stoughton Robert Wormser,  Shepherd C. C. Macomber,  Russell Hall G. G. Benedict,  Ridgley Annex J. H. Manning,  Thayer H. D. White,  Conant J. H. Hoeek,  Craigle F. H. Cummings,  Holworthy Harry Nadell,  Divinity.

Every man in the University will be reached if possible, according to the plans of Sheridan Logan '23, chairman of the Drive Committee; but since the work is being carried on especially through the dormitories, all men living outside can hand in their subscriptions at Phillips Brooks House at any time each day, or from 7 to 8 every evening at the Crimson Building. No pledges will be accepted, but checks will be welcomed. In return for a check of ten dollars or over the subscriber will receive a special receipt signed by Herbert Hoover and Franklin, K. Lane.

No definite quota has been established for the University. Among the leading colleges in the Drive so far are the University of Illinois with a subscription of $18,700, including subscriptions to the China fund, and Teachers' College of Columbia University with $8000. Ohio Wesleyan has given $3200 and Rutgers College and Penn State University have each subscribed $3200. Among the preparatory schools, Lawrenceville Academy leads with $4500, and the Shortridge High School of Indianapolis leads other secondary public schools with a $1900 subscription. The Princeton Theological Seminary has answered to the amount of four dollars per capita.

"The Invisible Guest" will be the guest of honor this evening in Symphony Hall. Herbert Hoover, national chairman of the European Relief Council, will speak, and members of the Harvard Glee Club and artists from the New York Metropolitan Opera House will sing.

Seats can be obtained at $100 a plate. All money will be used in support of the 17,000 establishments of charity in Europe to appease the suffering of starving children.