FOUR VICTORIOUS TEAMS FETED BY GRADUATES

R. F. HERRICK '90 MAIN SPEAKER

Members of the crew, the hockey, baseball and football teams victorious over Yale in 1920 received one of the greatest ovations ever witnessed last night at the Harvard Club. The celebration was to show the appreciation of the success with which the four teams defeated Yale.

The entertainment began at 8.45, when the four teams led by captains and coaches marched into the big room at the Harvard Club. Upon their entrance the 500 assembled guests rose in a body and cheered the teams to the echo. Songs followed the cheering and then a clever vaudeville act was given as part of the entertainment.

At the conclusion of the vaudeville act, C. J. Swan '01 led the audience in the singing of Harvard songs. Mr. Swan served overseas, having gone across a private and having come back a major. During the evening the University Band played jazz selections, songs were sung and there was cheering led by John Richardson '08, captain of the crew while at the University.

The main speaker of the evening was R. F. Herrick '90. Others to speak were the captains of last year's and this year's` teams, and the well known figure in the University "Mike." After the presentation of medals and footballs to the players the meeting ended with the singing of "Fair Harvard."