UNIVERSITY FIVE WINS FROM MIDDLEBURY 35-25

OPPONENTS NEVER THREATEN

Showing a greatly improved passing game, the University basketball quintet defeated the Middlebury five by a score of 35 to 25. Coach Wachter's men jumped into the lead at the start. J. Pallo '23 scoring two points from the foul lines, and were never headed. The Crimson men outplayed their opponents in every department, their close guarding forcing the blue-jerseyed players to try many of their shots from mid floor.

Pallo Individual Star

Pallo, whom Coach Wachter has placed at left forward in place of A. E. McLeish '23, was the high point scorer, shooting three baskets and caging nine out of fourteen chances from the foul line. He led Leonard who played left forward and right guard in the first and second halves respectively for Middlebury, by two points, the latter having three baskets and seven out of ten shots from the foul line.

The entire Crimson team showed great improvement and the shifts of the forwards and of H. E. Feiring '23 for L. B. Chase '21 at right guard have increased both the speed and accuracy of the passing and shooting. R. W. Fitts '23, although scoring but one basket, was responsible for many of the other baskets by his passing and headwork.

Middlebury Shifts Line-Up

The Middlebury coach shifted his entire line-up at the beginning of the second period, but although his new combination worked better together, it was unable to break through and overcome the University lead.

The line-ups:

Score, University 35, Middlebury 25. Baskets, Fitts 1, Pallo 3, Tyson 5, Feiring 3, Tolbert 1, Hardy 1, Leonard 3, Davis 1, Heath 2, Timberman 2. Goals from fouls, Pallo 9, Leonard 7. Referee, McGuiness. Umpire, McDonald. UNIVERSITY.  MIDDLEBURY. Fitts, r.f.  l.g., Lacy, Sikorski Pallo, l.f.  r.g., Heath (Capt.), Leonard Tyson, c.  c., Davis, Timberman Feiring, r.g.  l.f., Leonard, Heath Tolbert, l.g.  r.f., Hardy, Davis